SYDNEY 17/18th JULY 2020
The New South Wales Committee invites technical papers for presentation at the July 2020 Technical Meeting under the theme of Signalling Technology Supporting Growing Cities and Transport Needs.
The Australian rail industry is responding to the challenge of delivering numerous significant projects, whilst simultaneously responding to the task of day-to-day operations through increasing availability and capacity with our current signalling systems. Authors may consider how existing, or emerging signalling technologies, are influencing the growth of railway traffic in passenger and freight networks in Australia and overseas.
The theme aims to guide the preparation of papers and presentations, with a focus on the application of technologies within signalling, train control and communications systems, as they are deployed on infrastructure or rolling stock assets.
Papers of the following types relating to the theme, or part thereof, are sought:
▪ Principles Paper that addresses the current approach and practice
▪ Automation Paper that addresses various aspects of system operation
▪ Communications Paper that addresses current systems and their application
▪ Systems Engineering Paper the addresses the requirements and integration of a unified system
▪ Current Project Papers that demonstrate the intent of the theme
▪ Strategy Paper that promotes the adoption and application of the theme
▪ Maintenance Paper that addresses the lifecycle complexities of operating a unified system
Authors are invited to submit an abstract in English of around 300 words. All submissions will be peer-reviewed and assessed on originality and technical quality. The file format for your abstract should be *.doc(x). Papers must have a strong engineering content: please do not offer extensive system or project descriptions. Where relevant, it is the engineering that underlies the system that is of primary interest.
All authors must submit their abstracts before the closing date of 13 April 2020 to
Andy Webb, IRSE Sydney Conference Committee, at email@example.com